My name is Julie McCluskie and I want to serve you and your family as the next Colorado Representative for House District 61. I’m looking forward to getting to know the people of our unique and beautiful parts of Colorado.
Whether you live along the Western Slope or in the heart of the Rocky Mountains, I bet we share many of the same hopes for our communities:
- We hope our local economies continue to thrive, creating jobs that pay a good wage for our neighbors and friends;
- We hope Colorado delivers on the promise of a first-rate public education that prepares our children for success in college and career;
- We hope local families will be able to access reasonably priced, high-quality health care, including behavioral/mental health services;
- We hope our communities provide affordable housing options that allow families to live and play in the communities where they work; and
- We hope all of us can continue to enjoy Colorado’s outdoor recreational activities while protecting our forests and waterways.
But hoping for strong families and strong communities isn’t enough. We need to work collaboratively and hand-in-hand to protect our way of life and keep this great thing going.
I’m Colorado born and raised. My husband is a small business owner and I work in our local school district. We have spent most of our adult lives in Colorado’s mountains raising our children, and benefiting from the supportive and strong community we call home. I spent a few years at the State Capitol working for Lt. Gov. Joe Garcia and have seen first hand how good government impacts the lives of Colorado’s middle-class families. I’m ready to be a part of that effort and serve you in House District 61.